To quote Chilihead: Check. Checkity-check.
As I was checking the 40ish or so blogs I read daily (did someone just suggest a 12-step group? Do they have a blog I can check?), I stopped by to see what was up at Laurel Wreath. All I saw was this enigmatic post. Since I can't resist an enigma, and because I'm very compliant, I did as she suggested.
I wound up at My Quiet Corner, reading about boxes. Okie dokie. Then I stopped over at Jeana's, and she had boxes on the brain too. All I could think of was:
Great. Something else to check.
I check the smoke detectors twice a year. They're wired into the house and DON'T HAVE BATTERIES, fercryinoutloud!
I check the air pressure in the tires, the number of Diet Dr. Peppers in the fridge and the shampoo level in the shower.
I check my "girls" every month. So far so good.
I check my email obsessively because, really, who doesn't want to see how much...er...pharmaceuticals (for lack of a more filter-friendly term) are going for these days? I can't be expected to wait for that kind of information, and they seem to care so much about, hum, things that I feel it is only polite on my part to read these missives as they come in.
I check the kids for ticks. I check the weather. I check schoolwork.
I'm a checking dadgummed fool.
Now I'm feeling all pressured to check some box somewhere on my blog that I can't even find because Jules didn't cover "boxes, checking" in her tutorial when she did my Extreme Makeover: Blog Edition ("Move that...screensaver?").
So I'm making a broad appeal here. May I please, pretty please, have a dispensation on the box checking?
Sunday, March 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
When you log into your blogger acount, go into "edit profile" on the right side. The 3rd option down should say "show my e-mail address". That is the box that needs to be checked.
To the right of that box it will show the address that will be shown in italics.
See if this answers your question and gives you the information you need. If not, head to "My Quiet Corner" and leave me a comment or e-mail me and I'll see if I can help you more. :-)
So, that means no dispensation for me, eh?
:~/
Ha ha ha... Guess I skipped right over that part and thought you were asking for assistance in how to check it. My bad... oops!
That just goes to show you what happens when you frantically try to read and respond to blogs right before heading out to work. :-)
I would point out that in the time it took to write that post you could have checked it twice, Santa-style. But one look at that elementary school Clemntine grin turns my heart to mush. Which I suspect is why you use that picture. I bet it's not even really you, you just swiped some cute kid's school picture so you could use it to get out of checking boxes.
Oh, Jeana! I assure you that that is indeed my own glamorous self, in all my radiant, 5th grade beauty. I KNEW going in that I looked bee-yoo-tee-full, and when those pictures came back, they did not disappoint. I was so proud of them, I begged my mom to re-order!
Post a Comment